Teaching Assistant Level 1 (maternity leave cover)
TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 1 A1/ B1
Required from 7th January 2019
25.17 hours per week (4 days + 1 afternoon) TA level 1 A1/ B1 term-time only plus 3 training days (£11,483- £12,702 pa pro rata)
Actual salary: £9,678 to £10,705 pa
Here at Westgate our mission statement ‘Striving for Excellence, Caring for Children’ is at the heart of everything we do. Due to an upcoming maternity leave, we have a vacancy for a level 1 teaching assistant to join our hard-working, happy and supportive staff. The position will be based in Year 2 in the first instance and will involve general classroom support and some one to one work. This post is temporary as it is to cover a maternity leave. There is also the opportunity to assist at the before and after school club in addition to the teaching assistant hours advertised.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player who is committed to the aims and ethos of our school
- Have successful experience of supporting learning in a primary school
- Be flexible and confident in supporting children’s learning in a classroom setting
- Have a positive, consistent approach to behaviour management
- Have an interest in or experience of working with a child with autism
- Be able to work under supervision and also use their own initiative
- Have an understanding of the primary school curriculum
- Have a good level of skill in maths, English and IT
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work alongside experienced, skilled and supportive colleagues
- Access to high-quality professional development
- Enthusiastic, polite and friendly children who are eager to learn
- The opportunity to gain experience in order to develop and progress in a career in school
Appropriate training and support will be provided to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the head teacher to discuss the post.
Application forms and an information pack are available to download below and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: Tuesday 27th November 2018 at 09:00
Interview date(s): Tuesday 4th December 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service. We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.