Our School Aims
Westgate Primary School is a happy, nurturing place to be, where everyone is committed to providing a high quality, rounded and inclusive education that enables all children to thrive and achieve.
We aim for everyone in our school:
- To show kindness, tolerance and respect to everyone around them, celebrating our differences and the things we have in common, and standing up against injustice;
- To develop the skills and qualities they need to become lifelong learners: enthusiasm, perseverance, resilience, independence and teamwork;
- To challenge themselves, learning with and from others;
- To ask questions and think for themselves;
- To be creative and find positive ways to fully express themselves;
- To behave responsibly and to make healthy choices;
- To look after the world around us, for ourselves and future generations;
- To develop a sense of belonging to Westgate and the wider community, so that they can make a difference to the world in which they live.
All of Westgate’s policies and actions are designed to support these aims.