Teaching Assistant with LSA
TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 1 A1/ B1) & LUNCHTIME SUPERVISORY ASSISTANT (LEVEL A1)
Required from February 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter dependent on availability.
- TA Hours: 23.75 hours per week (until the end of the academic year in the first instance); TA level 1 A1/ B1 term-time only in Nursery (hours between 08:30 – 15:15)
- LSA Hours: 7.5 hours per week; Level A1 term-time only
Here at Westgate our mission statement ‘Striving for Excellence, Caring for Children’ is at the heart of everything we do.
We have a vacancy for a level 1 teaching assistant to join our hard-working, happy and supportive staff. The position is to support our Early Years Nursery provision, and will be 23.75 hours per week in the first instance, until the end of the academic year (TA hours may vary from September 2024).
We also have a permanent lunchtime supervisory assistant role, fixed at 7.5 hours per week, which fits round the TA role.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Be a team player who is committed to the aims and ethos of our school
- Have some experience of working with children in an Early Years setting, particularly Nursery
- Have an awareness of issues relating to pragmatics difficulties
- Be flexible and confident in supporting children’s learning in an EYFS setting
- Have a positive, consistent approach to behaviour management
- Be able to work under supervision and also use their own initiative
- Have an understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage/ KS1 curriculum
- Have a good level of skill in maths, English and IT
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work alongside experienced, skilled and supportive colleagues
- Access to high-quality professional development
- Enthusiastic, polite and friendly children who are eager to learn
- The opportunity to gain experience in order to develop and progress in a career in school
Appropriate training and support will be provided to the successful candidate: this could include fully funded study for an NVQ level 3 relevant to the post.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact the head teacher to discuss the post.
Application forms and an information pack are available to download via the website and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: Friday 9th Feb 2024 at 09:00
Interview date(s): Week commencing 19th Feb 2024
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service. We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.