B1, Point 4.0 – 6.0, actual salary £14,316 pa
25 hours per week all year round (07:30- 12:30 in term time; ability to compress hours in school holidays as needed)
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Some flexibility is required to meet the needs of the school
Start date: 1st January 2024
We are keen to appoint a friendly, enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person who will maintain our school site to a high standard, ensuring a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently and be willing to undertake any necessary training.
Some of the duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility as first key holder and undertake associated call out duties, including initial response to fire and intruder alarms
- Ensuring full security of the school building, including unlocking and locking (early morning, and early evening if required)
- Ensuring effective operation of the system of Planned Preventative Maintenance, undertaking appropriate weekly repairs e.g. redecorating and fixing, plumbing, changing light bulbs, unblocking drains, etc.
- Attending appropriate ‘Health and Safety’ training courses when requested including first aid, legionella, COSHH, PAT testing and ground maintenance machinery
- Grounds management, including basic gardening, weeding and tree maintenance
- Co-ordinating with contractors and lettings
- Weekly Health and Safety checks such as fire alarm, fire equipment, emergency lighting & legionella
- Emergency cleaning as necessary
- Undertaking clear, detailed record keeping and monitoring / managing stock within an agreed budget, working with the school business manager
- Attending meetings as appropriate, including governor site inspections
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th November 2023
Interviews: Friday 6th December 2023
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age or disability.
An application form can be downloaded from www.westgateprimary.co.uk under ‘Community’ and should be returned to Amy Bleasdale, School Business Manager via the school office or on firstname.lastname@example.org.