Current information for parents
Children or adults should seek a test as soon as possible if they display any of the 3 main symptoms.
NHS listed symptoms are at least one of:
- high temperature
- new continuous cough
- loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
The self-isolation period is now 10 days for everyone. This means that, in the event of a positive test result for COVID-19 you should self-isolate for 10 days.
To calculate the period of self-isolation, count as day 1
- the first day following the onset of symptoms, or
- the day after the test was taken if you/ they were not symptomatic first
Day 11 is then the day that you/ they can resume normal activity/ return to school.
Children and double-vaccinated adults are no longer required to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact by Test & Trace, but are advised to seek a PCR test. They are not required to self-isolate while waiting for the test, unless they become symptomatic.
CONTACTING SCHOOL, REPORTING ABSENCES, ORDERING & REPORTING TEST RESULTS
- To report any school absence: Call 01943 462349 and leave a message (option 1). Do not email about absences as these messages may not be picked up in time.
- To order a COVID-19 test: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/ or call 119 if you have no internet access. If you are unable to access a test, call school on 01943 462349.
- To report a COVID-19 test result in school hours (08:45- 16:00): Call 01943 462349. You may be asked to provide a copy of the result.
- To report a COVID-19 test result out of school hours: Call or text 07891 279271, including child’s name.
TRAVEL FROM ABROAD
The government advice for travel to/ from Green, Amber & Red countries is updated regularly:
- Safer System of Work Summary v1.0.pdf
- COVID-19 Safeguarding policy addendum Jan 2021.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 v6.01 front cover.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 v6.01 pt1.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 Westgate v6.01 pt 2.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 Westgate v6.01 pt4.pdf
- 2021.01.12 PHE self-isolation Infographic v2.pdf
- 2021.02.01 Wearing a face shield.pdf
- 2021.03.04 asymptomatic testing.pdf
- 2021.07.16 Track & Trace from Mon.pdf
- 2021.09.03 Return to School.pdf
You must consent to the use of user embedded cookies to allow this embedded object to show.