Current information for parents
Children or adults should seek a test as soon as possible if they display any of the 3 main symptoms.
NHS listed symptoms are at least one of:
- high temperature
- new continuous cough
- loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
The self-isolation period is now 10 days for everyone. This means that, in the event of a positive test result for COVID-19 you should self-isolate for 10 days.
To calculate the period of self-isolation, count as day 1
- the first day following the onset of symptoms, or
- the day after the test was taken if you/ they were not symptomatic first
Day 11 is then the day that you/ they can resume normal activity/ return to school.
Children and double-vaccinated adults are no longer required to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact by Test & Trace, but are advised to seek a PCR test. They are not required to self-isolate while waiting for the test, unless they become symptomatic.
CONTACTING SCHOOL, REPORTING ABSENCES, ORDERING & REPORTING TEST RESULTS
- To report any school absence: Call 01943 462349 and leave a message (option 1). Do not email about absences as these messages may not be picked up in time.
- To order a COVID-19 test: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/ or call 119 if you have no internet access. If you are unable to access a test, call school on 01943 462349.
- To report a COVID-19 test result in school hours (08:45- 16:00): Call 01943 462349. You may be asked to provide a copy of the result.
- To report a COVID-19 test result out of school hours: email email@example.com or text 07891 279271, including child’s name, when they became symptomatic (if applicable), the date they took their test, the date you received the results and the date you expect them to return to school.
TRAVEL FROM ABROAD
The government advice for travel to/ from Green, Amber & Red countries is updated regularly:
- Safer System of Work Summary v1.0.pdf
- COVID-19 Safeguarding policy addendum Jan 2021.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 v6.01 front cover.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 v6.01 pt1.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 Westgate v6.01 pt 2.pdf
- Covid 19 RA Sept 2021 Westgate v6.01 pt4.pdf
- 2021.01.12 PHE self-isolation Infographic v2.pdf
- 2021.02.01 Wearing a face shield.pdf
- 2021.03.04 asymptomatic testing.pdf
- 2021.07.16 Track & Trace from Mon.pdf
- 2021.09.03 Return to School.pdf
You must consent to the use of user embedded cookies to allow this embedded object to show.